I can’t help but compare the different attitudes that I’ve encountered here in Oz and back in Manila. One of them being patience, please don’t get me wrong (either countries) with what I am about to say but here’s what I’ve noticed. This is just me generalising my observations.
ON THE ROAD
- I’ve encountered and seen many horrendous drivers both in Manila and Melbourne but the amount of short tempered drivers here in Melbourne is insane. I really shouldn’t be speaking, considering I get road rage easily.
- Melbourne’s traffic doesn’t even measure up to Manila’s daily traffic. The most we get is during peak hour. Manila suffers it almost 24/7.
- Let me give you an example: today when my mama picked me up a guy swerved into our lane without any indicators. Yes, we raged. He flipped the bird at us and mouthed a few foul words, while we beeped at him for couple of seconds—- bada$$ girlz. hah
- Let’s be honest, in Manila this sort of thing wouldn’t be new. In fact, people swerve from lane to lane quite effortlessly and without much complaint from the surrounding cars. Diba?
- Do that in Melbourne and all of a sudden you’ve ruined quite a number of people’s day.
- Odd no? Again, I’m really just generalising here.
IN LINE FOR THE ATM
- Confession: I secretly wanted to write up this post because of my short feud with the guy behind me in line for the ATM.
- Here’s what happened:
I was withdrawing money out and since I had to withdraw quite a large sum for a ticket, the home, phone, and school bills I had to put in my card a number of times because there’s a limit per transaction.
I finally get to my 3rd transaction and the guy behind me marches to my side and yells out “Are you serious mate? Really? Are you withdrawing out a few thousands of dollars there? eh?”
I look at him with confusion, and the feel of need for reassuring this guy that this is an ATM this is what we do at ATM’s. Instead, I answered with “I’m withdrawing money, alright? Mind your own business and get back in line”
He then responds with a furious tone “Yeah but mate there are people lined up?” EH MALAMANG MAY NAKAPILA. kaloka. Ano to? Sakanya lang yung ATM? ganon? So I ignored him and finished my transaction. When I finished, I took a few steps, turned back and said “Ya happy now?” to which he let out a grunt expressing embarrassment.
- KALOOOOKAA!!!!! Di siya makapaghintay. NUBA! hahaha
- In Manila i’ve stood in line for the ATM for almost 10 mins, and not hear a single complaint from anyone around me!
So how is it that, generally, Pinoys are more patient? Why are Australians (generally) so short tempered?
Just wanted to share my little rage of the day. haha.
Kaya mas mahal ko ang Pinas eh. :)
But that’s not to say that I don’t love Australia, too. It’s just those handful of people that ruin it for me. Lol
tagged as: Philippines. Manila. Melbourne. 2012.
- tofferwilson likes this
- francizer likes this
- elainealas reblogged this from jascurtissmith and added:
- elainealas likes this
- bananacue likes this
- littlebravesoldier likes this
- shelovesjesus4ever reblogged this from jascurtissmith
- mariaheretesa likes this
- mar08 likes this
- yllnjnmgn likes this
- 100002549915267 likes this
- piaisabelvargas said: Haha! I love it when you share these kinds of things. We get to know you a little more. (: Your reactions are so funny. Pinoy na pinoy! That’s why I love you Jas! (:
- superclang likes this
- peliculae likes this
- iansalvacion likes this
- iamwhoiam03 likes this
- itskristine16 reblogged this from jascurtissmith and added:
- joanangelalupian reblogged this from jascurtissmith
- joanangelalupian likes this
- kemmmmi likes this
- charizzaverano said: Couldn’t agree more! I live in Melbourne aswell and there is alot of crazies out there! Especially here in the west and some people are just.plain rude.
- locca277 likes this
- jhemmedina likes this
- gaildp likes this
- berrychanhui likes this
- nikkigregorio reblogged this from jascurtissmith
- nikkigregorio likes this
- jearloveshkitty likes this
- styleandsoul likes this
- thekarlofoundation likes this
- theurbandrifter likes this
- aimee-jeanne likes this
- mrodriguez25 said: I think just Caucasians in general, from what I’ve noticed, want everything fast and quick. They’re always rushing to get somewhere. Haha I live in America so I’ve noticed the same things.
- iyaandanya likes this
- choi2choi likes this
- blessiemariex3 likes this
- tronqui likes this
- mscyndee likes this
- sapphirinix likes this
- lifethology likes this
- yourfriendkharisma likes this
- fajardoixia likes this
- reneeespenilla likes this
- lenasaid said: oh my goodness, hahaha, you’re rage! “eh malamang may nakapila” you should’ve told him that! that was funny tho. That goes the same in Canada, peeps are so short tempered, its a lil crazy!
- thekatrinelee likes this
- easypeasylivingbreezy likes this
- theverybestthing likes this
- stupid-pretty-girl likes this
- themonicatalkshow likes this
- histrionic-jess likes this